After provisioning my Enterprise Search Center, setting my content sources and performing the initial crawls I couldn’t seem to actually produce any results from a query and kept getting an “Internal Server Error Exception” message (Bellow).
Here are the steps I took to fix this issue.
- Go to Application Management and select Configure service application associations under the Service Application heading.
- Select the default Application Group. This will open the Associations window.
- There were two application proxies listed for search, one of which was the old deleted one. The one I had manually created (Search Service Application 1) was listed but not selected - Meaning it was not associated with any web applications.
- To associate the application proxy with the default proxy group; select Search Service Application 1
- Then click on set as default, followed by OK.
- Issue an IIS reset on the server that manages Search.
After adding the association I was then able to get search results back from my query.